JumpStart C Compiler products are built on the following principles:
- The tools must be reliable and robust.
- The tools must have the features the users want and need.
- The tools must load fast and run fast.
- Cost matters.
Unlike our competitors, our products tick all 4 boxes and we have been doing it since 1994. How do we do it? By leveraging a state of arts IDE (Integrated Development Environment), writing our own compilers and integrated debuggers from the ground up, and then back it up with unparalleled support by the tools developers. For further information about our technologies, please click on the "Technologies" menu tab from our home page.
- "Wow, talk about awesome customer service! Thanks for the quick reply, you're awesome...Thanks for saving my A$$ last week. I hope I didn't interrupt your weekend." -- Mike Kane
- "You are not buying 'a compiler', you are buying unparalleled support." -- Bob Racko
- "Richard is maniacal in support." -- Jack Powers
- "Support from Imagecraft is second to none." -- Andrew C.
- "As a professional embedded designer I would, and have, recommended your compiler to my associates who have purchased your product. ... Also, the technical support for your product is exemplary." -- Paul Salter
- "I’ve been using your AVR compiler since the early-mid 2000s at both a previous job and my current one. In all that time, I have always been impressed by the quality and tightness of the code produced, and by your responsiveness to any issues or questions concerning it. I can honestly say that of all the tools and vendors I use/have used in my career, Imagecraft stands alone in that regard." -- David Smith
JumpStart C is available for the ARM Cortex-M and the Atmel AVR targets. They both share the following features:
Major Features of JumpStart C Tools
- Professional IDE with workspace/project management, syntax aware features, code browsing etc.
- No need to write linker command files. Select target device by name and our tools do the rest.
- Fast ANSI C conformant compilers written from the ground up and not based on GCC, optimized for microcontroller targets.
- Full set of compiler tools including C compiler, assembler, linker and library file manager.
- Produce standard format output files, interspersed C and asm listing files, and symbolic debug files.
- Target specific and machine independent optimizations.
- Native debugger, integrated with the IDE.
- Built-in flash downloader.
JumpStart C Tools Come in Three Different Editions
- STD (Standard) - for basic commercial development. Flash memory limited to 64K bytes (Atmel AVR) and 128K bytes (Cortex-M)
- PRO (Professional) - add more optimizations (5%-20% better code) and with no limit on flash memory usage
- NC (Non-Commercial) - for students and hobbyists. With mostly same features as STD.
Owners of one edition type may upgrade to the higher editions for the difference in price.
JumpStart C for Cortex-M Additional Features
- Seamless integration with Segger JLINK, SAM-ICE, and ST-LINK/V2 debug pods.
- Support Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3, M4, and M7 series from all major vendors.
- Easy to use JumpStart API (currently available for STM32F0xx, STM32F4xx, and STM32F7xx series). Get started in Cortex-M programming in minutes, not days or months.
JumpStart C for Cortex-M STD/NC editions are limited to 128K bytes of code memory.
JumpStart C for Cortex-M PRO edition in addition supports 64-bit double and other optimizations.
JumpStart C for Atmel AVR Additional Features
- Seamless integration with Atmel debug pods, including: AVR Dragon, JTAGICE MkII, JTAGICE3, and Atmel-ICE.
- Supports all AVR, megaAVR, and XMEGA series.
- Application Builder provides a point-and-click visual interface for peripheral initialization code generation (AVR and megaAVR only).
- (PRO only) Industry first whole program compression optimizer. Reduce code by 5%-15%.
JumpStart C for Atmel AVR STD/NC editions are limited to 128K bytes of code memory.
JumpStart C for Atmel AVR PRO edition in addition supports MIO (Machine Independent Optimizer) and Code Compression optimizer to provide 10-20% better code.
More comments from a customer Patrick Cowan:
Your business model is awesome, and I think it has huge potential to sell your software by making it very easy to use and basically idiot-proof. I don't know much about software, but I was able to learn how to use an Arduino fairly easily. The idea of your software being that same level of simple/easy, but working on other processors is very appealing. In fact we found your company existed because I told [my partner] that someone HAD TO be making software like this. After doing some google searching we found you guys!
ImageCraft enhanced the Open Source CodeBlocks IDE to add user friendly features such as selecting target device via point-and-click, instead of writing complicated linker files. We integrated it with our own JumpStart Debugger including the ability to see the MCU's IO register content. More information and screenshots here.
The integrated debugger is described here. It requires a separate license purchase to enable all of its features.